How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Z Your Own Question
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 10643
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a 29 year old son who is a drug addict first pain

Customer Question

We have a 29 year old son who is a drug addict first pain killers now I'm afraid heroin smoking by or snorting we live in Columbus Ohio we do not have money to put him in a private rehab faculty he has a beautiful 1 year old daughter that is absolute the love of his life he takes care of her so well he lives with his baby's mother and seem to get along but I believe she is an addict to. He does not want to leave because of his daughter she is the love of his life. He wants to get a clean life style but can not afford a rehabfacilty we need help please - please direct us ASAP. We would appreciate anything you may help us with. Thank you so much
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that your son is struggling with this addiction, but that is great that he wants to get help. The best place for him to get treatment would be to enter into a state funded drug assistance program or a non-profit program as these are free or low cost in most states. While they may not be able to provide the same level of service as a private facility, it will still be helpful for your son. Here is a link to a state funded program in your city.

In addition, the Volunteers of America have a Substance Abuse program as well:

*****br />Columbus, OH - 43223(###) ###-####/p>

Maryhaven Community is also a non-profit that can provide free or low cost care for your son as well:

I hope this helps and I wish your son all the best regarding treatment. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.