How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been sent to Seminole TX, I was diagnosed with

Customer Question

I have been sent to Seminole TX for work, I was diagnosed with depression at trinity springs hospital in ft. Worth and g.a.d and s.a.d in my early 20s prescribe alprazolam Zoloft and triazadon I stopped taking meds because i got bad headaches and went to military discharged in 08 and living in Ca smoke marijuana as alternative to going to Dr. I went to rehab moved back to TX because father past away in 2013 uncle past away recently along with mother diagnosed with cancer. I'm having panic attacks again and depression its impacting my job and insurance hasn't kicked in yet. I make enough to pay cash for Dr visit and prescriptions until insurance begins in 2 months I'm not from west Texas and don't know what to look for. Please help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Because one of your medications is a Controlled Substance you require a face to face evaluation with a psychiatrist in order to get that prescription. I would recommend making appointments with nearby psychiatrists so that you can explain your symptoms. There is no guarantee that you will get what you want in terms of a prescription because all prescriptions are up to the doctor's discretion, but seeing a psychiatrist is the best opportunity you have at getting the appropriate medications.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that i don't know where to begin feel very overwhelmed was refered to site I just need name of recommended Dr to visit Monday morning as I explained I'm not from the area or I would have went to where I know I can get treated.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I can provide listings of psychiatrists in your area, but it is unlikely they will have an appointment opening for you on Monday as most psychiatrists have long waiting lists for months. This website only provides information, we do not coordinate with psychiatrists or other mental health professionals for appointment schedules.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not satisfied and would like refund I already knew the answers you replied I'm very aware alprazolam is controlled substance. I will just got to local er now thanks for nothing
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Sorry you were not satisfied. A local ER will not prescribe a Controlled Substance either, so your best chance is to go see a psychiatrist, but like I said it will take months for an appointment in most cases. I wish you all the best and you can contact customer service for your refund request.