Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Do you have any knowledge as to the ability of The Lawlis

Customer Question

Do you have any knowledge as to the ability of The Lawlis Peavey PNP Center to treat Adult Bipolar II ? I have read about the 2 day assessment which they perform and am considering traveling to TX for it. Can you offer any insight? Thank you!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately the PNP center is not considered very reputable among most professionals due to its lack of scientific foundation and lack of transparency in their assessment and treatment protocols. None of their treatment models follow peer reviewed research and they refuse to let other researchers see results of their own peer reviewed research and what they promise as "success." In addition, most of their assessment looks at "heavy metals" being a cause of psychological disorders, which is considered pseudoscientific at best as decades of research has shown this to be a falsehood unless you are one of the very few to have been exposed to overdose of heavy metals (e.g. drinking the mercury from a thermometer, licking lead paint, etc...). So overall I cannot recommend the PNP center as there are too many unknowns with their claims and most of what they say in terms of assessment and treatment appears to be pseudoscientific. If you want an indepth evaluation and treatment, I would recommend going to a major university hospital with a psychiatric wing as these places are usually on the cutting edge in assessment and treatment, and have some of the best staff and professionals in the country.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.