How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Z Your Own Question
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 10643
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am definitely more of an introvert. As a kid i had turrets

Customer Question

hey, so i am definitely more of an introvert. As a kid i had turrets syndrome(not too severe, but i still hated it), and seemed to have allot of social anxiety and general acwardness. I have always had more of a relationship with my inner self than other people, though i still try to have friends. I guess i have allot of trouble relating my inner self/personality with other people. It is like the i start to relate to other people on a social level, the farther away from what i know in my mind i begin to stray. I am now a senior in high school, right now, at a new school, and trying to make friends(i didn't have much friends at my other school either, just quiet nice kid). When ever i feel depressed/ anxious, i begin having some type of conversation in my head as a coping method. And i forgot to mention, my sophmore year of high school, i was tired of hiding from my inner thoughts, so i was determined to better figure out my inner thoughts and past anxieties, any mental disorders?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It sounds like you are experiencing common symptoms of Social Anxiety. I would recommend that you consider entering into a form of therapy called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) as this is the most effective therapy for Social Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety, and Depressive symptoms. CBT has a premise that your symptoms are caused by negative thoughts, so if we change your thought process to be more positive and objective, then your symptoms will lessen as well. In addition, you can also discuss with your primary care physician about starting a SSRI antidepressant as those medications easily lessen the symptoms of your anxiety, until the full effectiveness of the CBT treatment has been reached.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.