How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1378
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has conversations in s head. s arms and face jerk

Customer Question

My husband has conversations in his head. His arms and face jerk and twitch when this is occurring. He is now quite frequently unable to differentiate which conversation was real and which were in his head. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using justanswer. I am sorry that your husband is struggling with these symptoms. Its difficult to tell what exactly is going on as you are pointing out psychiatric and neurological symptoms, so the best thing right now for you to do for your husband is to take him to see a psychiatrist for a full evaluation to help determine the cause of these symptoms and to see how it can be corrected. This is a very serious issue and he needs to be assessed by a professional face to face.