Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have been married yrs and starting seeing escorts 2 years

Customer Question

I have been married for 30 yrs and starting seeing escorts 2 years ago because of a lack of intimacy in our marriage and virtually no sex. I have now become attached to one girl in particular and it has become like a sugar daddy relationship, as I buy her presents and see only her and she tells me that she loves me and misses me. We have gone out for drives and dinners etc and she has become like a mistress. My wife has filed for divorce because of this one specific girl, whom I have known for 2 yrs because she feels she has a big hold on me. I have had therapy for the past 6 months. My therapist feels that I am at a crossroads in my life and cannot decide which way to turn. The girl who is half my age has been very supportive and understanding throughout divorce proceedings over the past 6 months. and has told me that when this is over we can spend more time together and go away for holidays etc. She insists that I am the only person who she sees away from work. Please advise.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is more of an informational/Q&A service, so if you could ask what your specific mental health question is regarding this situation than I can be able to provide an answer to you. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that the answer that I require ill not be found on this forum. thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I understand. Well if you think of a specific question regarding your situation to ask later please feel free to contact me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and I await a new expert who is able to answer my original question
Expert:  DrPsychologist replied 1 year ago.

The girl who is half your age has been understanding while you are her sugar daddy, right? The more understanding she seems the more rewarded she is. Unless you have spent time with her -substantial time-that does not involve giving her anything, then you are just fooling yourself. You want companionship or sex and she wants your money.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply and what you say makes sense. She is very intelligent and tactile and despite being quite young, because of her 'job' she knows how to handle men very well. I shall bear in mind what you say during the coming Xmas period and see how much time she gives me, without any monetary transaction being involved. I will then take it from there. Thanks.

Good luck.

Please rate this experience. Thank you.