How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am sure that I am losing my grip on realty...witnessing my

Customer Question

I am sure that I am losing my grip on realty...witnessing my son's suicide 14 yrs. ago has set off a chain reaction....I can't seem to stop everyone that I love from dying...I have nothing and nobody except for my PTSD dog...she has been the only reason I get out of bed, and now I'm losing daughter is a alcoholic/Meth addict .....I keep trying to take back my life....lost my home, closed down my Medical Recruiting Firm....been in the psych ward (severe depression) therapist after counselor after grief groups....Please can Dr. Phil help me???I have written a few times and I know he has a thousand people waiting, I just don't know what to do, where to go, who I should see and I am feeling like I don't know is I really care...I have always been a "fixer" a care taker the "go to" person and now I don't even know how to take care of myself.....PLEASE, PLEASE !!!!!! Thank you so much (in advance) I appreciate anything you can do. Imight have tell you son was my WORLD, we were ridiculously close and my ex-husband (his father) also committed suicide, he was never the same, but somehow I thought we had worked through...(wishful thinking)....Thank you so very much again....Sheryl Christopherson
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you using Just Answer. I am very sorry that you are struggling with these symptoms of PTSD from what you described, I can understand how distressing this can be for for you. Since it appears therapy has not been effective for you, have you considered using psychotropic medications or if you have tried medications what about more intensive measures like ElectroConvulsive Therapy (ECT), Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), or IV Ketamine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would really appreciate getting to talk with Dr. Phil or the producers, as I have been told this should be my next step....Thank you!!
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I think you may be misunderstanding the nature of this website. This website has no affiliation with the talk show host Dr. Phil at all. If you believe you contacted this website in error, please refer to customer service for a refund.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This website was on his website...What did I misunderstand?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

This website is not associated with Dr. Phil or his talk show. We are a separate entity that answers specific questions from customers. If you want to talk to Dr. Phil than I would recommend continuing to try to reach his show: