Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am so depressed I can't even leave the house to go to Dr.

Customer Question

I am so depressed I can't even leave the house to go to Dr. I've been diagnosed 14 yrs ago major depression, general and social anxiety bipolar and PTSD. I lost insurance a year and n half ago. I have it now but just can't go even when appointment made. Is there online help?I have no life ,rarely leave my house. I know I need prozac /fluxine and colanzapham but can't make it out of my house.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry that you are struggling with these symptoms, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. Some insurance companies allow for online medication consulting where you can be prescribed a medication online, but you would have to pick up said medication at the pharmacy. The only problem with this is that Clonazepam is a Controlled Substance and therefore cannot be prescribed online and can only be prescribed face to face. Here is a service that some insurance companies work with for online medication prescription, so I would recommend you contact them and your insurance company to see if this is possible.

http://www.consultadr.com/

Also you may want to consider having a friend or family member go with you to a medical doctor as support so that you can make it to an appointment. I know this is very difficult for you, but online service and house calls are extremely limited and the best scenario is for you to go to a doctor and get the appropriate medications you need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did have my sister n husband make the appointments and said they'd go with me and I still couldnt. I'd be happy with the prozac or generic. Is that available online to buy? But please don't reply if you don't know as 42.00 is kinda alot for me. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

This website does not prescribe medications at all, it is only a Q&A website. If you try that online prescription website I recommended, Prozac can easily be prescribed for you as that is not a Controlled Substance, but it cannot be purchased online without a prescription.