Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Since moving to Seattle, I have had problems with

Customer Question

Since moving to Seattle, I have had problems with psychiatrists. I have been here a year. I've been under the care of psychiatrists for 15 years since I contracted bipolar disorder. There is a severe shortage of p-docs here, and I have not found one I can get along with.
I got fired by my last p-doc because he put me up on a medication that caused a hypomanic episode. When he had to see me three times in one week to get me back down again, he yelled at me for an hour than fired me. I'd never been fired before.
I found another p-doctor, a fee for service guy who seemed congenial. Recently I was hospitalized for an apparent heart attack. The cardiologist blamed the Seroquel I was on and told me to go off of it.
I called my p-doc to ask him how I should go off of it. (I know that psych meds can be tricky to titrate off of, so I called my p-doc to ask how I should do it. He became angry and told me we had discussed it before. I don't think we did discuss it.) The psychiatrists in Seattle seem to have problems with me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm worried that my new psychiatrist is going to fire me as well.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry that you are having this difficulty with your past psychiatrists and current psychiatrist, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?