How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Z Your Own Question
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 10643
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife's behavior has been very erratic lately. She drinks

Customer Question

My wife's behavior has been very erratic lately. She drinks every night, takes valium, and ambient to sleep. She is on high blood pressure medications and goes out with friends all time. She is very verbally abusive towards me and now it has escalated to the children. She swears at me in front of them all the time. I have asked her to please leave and she will not. It is ok for me to email her therapist about this behavior? I want someone to tell her she needs to stop this behavior or leave.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This all started 3 months ago. She use to be a part of the family. I do not know this person. She goes out drinking all the time with old friends that she said were toxic. She does not sleep only about 2 to 3 hours a night. She is attached to her phone and texts friends or is on social media 24/7. I do not know what to do and feel I am on the brink of divorce.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry that your wife is behaving in this manner, I can understand why you are concerned and want her to leave your household. You can definitely contact her therapist to let him/her know about your wife’s problematic behavior, but because of confidentiality laws the therapist is not allowed to discuss what has been said in therapy with your wife and cannot necessarily promise that she will talk to your wife about this behavior either. Still it does not hurt to tell her therapist and hopefully it will be discussed in future therapy sessions to the point where a resolution is proposed.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I noticed that you viewed my answer and I was checking in to see if you have any further questions or concerns that you would like me to address on this issue?

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating before you sign off. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.