Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

This is really just to our conversation in 2010. My daughter

Customer Question

This is really just a follow up to our conversation in 2010. My daughter who overdosed in 2010 at 17 years of age continued in and out of treatment for the last 5 years. She had one year sober at 18 and 7 months sober at 20. While sober at 20 she was involved
in a car accident and left the scene this resulted in a sentence of 1 year in treatment and 4 years sober living and checking in with her probation officer. She was so depressed and off the charts at this point that she literally ran away from every program
she was able to get into. If she was on meds when she came in they would take her off. If she wasn't on meds after detoxing they would put her on an anti depressant and a week later she would get manic and leave. She literally said I don't know why I left
I wish I hadn't left that program. The consequence for not staying in treatment was 5 years in prison. The lawyers and the programs and even the parole officers didn't carry through with it though and she died of an overdose in late March 2015 about 4 months
after her sentencing. It is and has been devastating and I really don't know how to deal with the fact that she is dead. The only consolation is that she is no longer suffering the way she had been for the past 4 to 5 years. Please pray for us.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry to hear about your loss, I cannot imagine how emotionally distressing this must be for you. Are you currently in grief counseling? Also may I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to regarding this situation?