Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I just found out that my 25 year old daughter has been

Customer Question

I just found out that my 25 year old daughter has been stealing from me. She lives at home and what caught her and when confronted she admitted to a cocaine problem. We checked our bank records and see that the stealing has been for the last month, that's how long she has been out of work. She worked as Bartender on night club for past year and that's where she started with drugs. So far I have taken her car, she is going to a cocaine anonymous meeting tonight, she is going to doctor today to discuss psycho therapy, and she starts a new job Monday. She seems willing to get help, but I don't trust her. She has been a problem for years. Right now she needs to be with me at all times, I guess I am her anchor. I don't want to make the same mistakes as before.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry to hear about your daughter, but it is good that she is starting to undergo some treatment for her issues. May I ask, what is your mental health question that you would like answered regarding this situation?