Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have been on 20mg Paroxetine for approx. 12 years and it

Customer Question

I have been on 20mg Paroxetine for approx. 12 years and it has done wonders. About 6 months ago, I started taking it every other day and am now going back to daily. Will the side effects be bad?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello and thank you for your question. Given that you have been on this medication for so long and taking the Paroxetine every other day would not significantly alter the blood levels of the medication in your system to cause adverse effects, so you should not experience any side effects switching back to daily use of the Paroxetine. Individuals typically get initial adverse effects with the Paroxetine when first starting use of the medication because their bodies are not used to the medication yet. But because you have still been using the medication every other day, your body still has a healthy level of the medication in it’s blood stream so you should not experience any initial adverse effects when you switch back to the daily use.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*****YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED…EXPERTS ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR EACH POSITIVE RATING, SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD GENTLY MASH ONE OF THE 3, 4, 5 SMILEY FACES/STARS THAT YOU SEE BEFORE YOU GO. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND IT WAS MY PLEASURE HELPING YOU WITH YOUR ISSUE*****