Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I am in a committed relationship with a man whose wife has

Customer Question

I am in a committed relationship with a man whose wife has stage four alzheimer's. Tonight (as often before) he talked about her all through dinner (including how they first met) with a friend of mine at a dinner party. Does this mean he cares more for his wife than for me?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for you question. I am assuming there is some backstory to your question, so I would like to ask some follow-up questions to get a better idea of your situation, so that I can better assist you. Even though this man is married he is in a committed relationship with you, is this relationship known to others or is it a secret from others? How long have you two been together? When you tell him not to talk about his wife as much, how does he usually respond?