How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Z Your Own Question
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 10643
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have pure o.. i internally fight with somebody. The voice

Customer Question

I have pure o.. i internally fight with somebody. The voice tell me that i can't talk.. or joy.. is a lot of stress. When i fight is even worst. What should i do please.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am sorry that you are suffering from Pure-O, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. May I ask what treatment (therapy and/or medications) have you received to try to lessen this disorder?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Prozac. Treatment.. just myself.. i think by ignoring can be better
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.

Okay, I understand why you tried to do some self-treatment, but because these symptoms are still present it would be best to see a psychologist for a combination of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) as these are the two best therapy modalities when used in unison to lessen symptoms of Pure-O. Pure-O as related to OCD is not an easy disorder to treat and this is why you should undergo psychotherapy with a psychologist to help you gain control of this disorder internally. In addition, while Prozac can be effective in treating the symptoms of Pure-O, there are other medications that can be more effective like Luvox, Lexapro, or Zoloft which have great efficacy rates for treating Obsessions related to OCD. So I would highly recommend that you discuss this with either your family doctor or your psychiatrist about adding one of these antidepressants to your regimen. Also if one of these antidepressants is not strong enough, than the use of Anafranil as an augment can increase the efficacy of your medication regimen towards this Pure-O.

Related Mental Health Questions