How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Son has always had anger issues, being abusive, causing

Customer Question

son has always had anger issues, being abusive, causing damage, hurting animals, but just lately he has started hurting his girlfriend, threatening to kill himself and causing a lot more damage than he used to, he has also become violent towards myself. Please help, I don't know what to do anymore
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am very sorry that your son is having these issues with anger and abuse, I can understand how distressing this can be on you. If your son will not voluntarily seek treatment for his anger/abuse issues than unfortunately involuntary treatment may have to become necessary. Have you considered calling the police and letting them know of your son's actions? You can tell them he has a mental health issue and that he is a danger to himself or others and they will hospitalize him involuntarily for treatment.