Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My son fantasizes all the time and this has led m into

Customer Question

my son fantasizes all the time and this has led him into trouble with the law. If has a $1 bill, he will start telling people that he has $100 and will tell them how he is going to use that money, etc., etc. Is there any way we can put a stop to this?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry that your son is having this issue, I can understand why you are concerned for him. If your son is willing to seek out treatment with a psychiatrist than the use of psychotropic medications will most likely help to stop this behavior. It is possible that he may require Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) as well to help him better cope and move forward with his life without this behavior. The psychiatrist or his family doctor can refer him to the appropriate psychologist/therapist for treatment.