How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son fantasizes all the time and this has led m into

Customer Question

my son fantasizes all the time and this has led him into trouble with the law. If has a $1 bill, he will start telling people that he has $100 and will tell them how he is going to use that money, etc., etc. Is there any way we can put a stop to this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry that your son is having this issue, I can understand why you are concerned for him. If your son is willing to seek out treatment with a psychiatrist than the use of psychotropic medications will most likely help to stop this behavior. It is possible that he may require Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) as well to help him better cope and move forward with his life without this behavior. The psychiatrist or his family doctor can refer him to the appropriate psychologist/therapist for treatment.