Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I hear voices and the voices are multiple. One voice tells

Customer Question

I hear voices and the voices are multiple. One voice tells me I'm so ugly, the other two voices just repeat every single thought that pops into my mind. I'm scared to be around people, and I get paranoid in crowds. I am not very good at hygiene and I was wondering what condition this could possibly be?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello, I am so sorry that you are experiencing these symptoms, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. May I ask when did the voices start? You state that you are "paranoid" in crowds, what are you afraid of specifically when in a crowded area? You mention that your hygiene is lacking, is this because you have no motivation/drive to bathe regularly, or is there is something else causing your decline in hygiene? And lastly do you have any other symptoms that you feel are worth mentioning?