Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I heard someone call my name when I was with my brother and

Customer Question

I heard someone call my name when I was with my brother and it screamed my name. It sounded like my dad so I scram ed back "WHAT!" Very loud. The voice sounded like my dad who whas currently out with my mom so I thought it was him. So me and my brother walked to my closed front door and no one was there neither outside. And I asked him I her herd the voice and he said no. What does this mean?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I can understand how this moment could be distressing to you. Was this a one time incident or have there been more times of hearing voices? What were you doing at the time of hearing this voice? Do you have any other symptoms? Do you take and medication or ingest any illicit substances at all?