Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am a 70-yr-old male in great health. I recently began

Customer Question

Hello, I am a 70-yr-old male in great health. I recently began taking Flecainide for premature ventricular contractions. I had a severe reaction last weekend which caused some pretty bad depression. I'm already on Lexapro and Wellbutrin and have been for years during which time I've no anxiety/depression episodes. I have an appt with my psychiatrist next Tue afteroon and my psychologist the following Friday. While not an "emergency" I sure would like to get to feeling better. It's a long story, but nobody seems interested. Any thoughts?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello, I am sorry that this bad interaction with the Flecainide caused a relapse of your depressive symptoms, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. Can you tell what are your doses of the Lexapro and Wellbutrin? Also this website is primarily a Q&A format, so what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to regarding this situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's 30 mg of one (Lexapro?) and 300 of the other.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

The Lexapro is considered an overdose, but in some rare cases 30mg may be allowed as long as it is being monitored by your psychiatrist. So what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to regarding this situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Didn't answer your question. I don't know, actually. I guess I was looking for a psychiatrist or psychologist who could see me. Here in Chattanooga it's the emergency room or nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like I went in the wrong direction. I think some kind of help line chat with someone who cares.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Okay I think you misunderstood the service this website offers. I can only provide you with a list of psychiatrists or psychologists in your area, but its up to them if they can see or not. This website only provides information and answers to specific mental health questions, we do not provide treatment here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it, thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see how folks with mental health issues run out of hope. As savvy as I am with the internet, etc. I can't find any help. Pity those without the knowledge and perseverence. Thanks anyway. Please refund my $26.00. Bye.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I will request that customer service provide you with a refund, please do not respond back after this or the question will come back to me and delay the refund process. Good luck and feel better soon