How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son of 44 yrs of age,married father if 7 yr old boy and 1

Customer Question

my son of 44 yrs of age,married father if 7 yr old boy and 1 yr old girl. Recently lost his warehouse job which he held for 14 yr due ti misconduct which i believe was sexual exposure ,something he has been troubled with since 15 yrs of age. at around 18 we had him admitted for assessment as he was very delusional and hearing voices.treated with zyprexa which he stopped on his own as he was probably misdiagnosed. Becoming gradually woorse he last few yrs, hates us his parents, anyone who disagrees with him, threatened to kill his brother. I worry about his kids hearing this, has agreed to see a psychiatrist/appt. late sept but only for a way to get on disabilityy as he feels nothing is wrong with him
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello, I am very sorry that your son is having these psychological issues and is not recognizing that he truly needs treatment (as he feels nothing is wrong with him). May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to regarding this situation with your son?