Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am 83 years old and have a fear of falling and because of

Customer Question

i am 83 years old and have a fear of falling and because of this i do not walk in a normal way. i have had a lot of tests done to rule out any reason why i have trouble walking. i do not have pain in my legs although they feel heavy.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I am very sorry that you have this fear of falling. Are you asking if this issue with your fear of falling and that your legs feeling heavy is a psychological issue because the neurological tests have not come up with a physical reason as to why you are feeling this way?