How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have suffering from severe anxiety related panic attacks

Customer Question

Hello Kevin i have suffering from severe anxiety related panic attacks
following my parents divorce. I was wondering what's the simplest route to obtain a prescription for an anxiety related medicine
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, Kevin is no longer an active expert on this website, but I will be able to help you with your query. I am assuming that you are asking about benzodiazepines (e.g. Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Valium, etc…); these are Controlled Substances and highly regulated by the Federal and State government, which means they require a medical professional to prescribe it face to face. It is illegal to acquire this medication online. In addition, given how highly regulated this medication is, it would be best to see a psychiatrist to prescribe this medication as they are more apt to prescribe it than a general physician. Now do you have a psychiatrist you can go to or would you like a list of psychiatrists in your area that you can see, who may be able to prescribe a benzodiazepine for you?