Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

We have a son who lost his job in August of 2013. He has

Customer Question

We have a son who lost his job in August of 2013. He has been supposedly looking since then. I believe that he suffers from anxiety and depression. He just lost approx. 180 pounds which I feel he may suffer from some OC also. I suffer with depression also and we have had some family members who did also. Please advise me.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am very sorry that your son is suffering from these mental health and physical symptoms that you described, I can understand how distressing this can be for him and for you to see him like this. You mention that you have a hard time getting him to see the doctor, does this mean he would not be interested in undergoing psychotherapy with a psychologist or be willing to take medications from a psychiatrist? Would he be willing to try natural supplements that may help with his depressive and anxiety symptoms?