Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

How can I get help with concentration.

Customer Question

How can I get help with concentration.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am sorry that you are having this issue with your concentration, I can understand how frustrating this can be for you. I would like to ask a couple questions to get a better idea of your situation, so that I can better assist you.
1. Are you looking to find a doctor that will prescribe medications to help you with your concentration issues since this website DOES NOT provide treatment or medications?
2. How long has this concentration issue been present for?
3. Do you have a co-occurring disorder of depression or anxiety along with this concentration issue? If so are you being treated for this co-occurring disorder?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I take zoloft for aniety and depression my doctor is great but she said she would like me to have a recommendation letter from a phychiatrist first for something like concerta? I have far back as I can remember had trouble concentrating.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
are you looking for a recommendation letter from this website because that is not a service that is offered on this website. I can provide you with a list of psychiatrists in your area though that can assess and have the option to treat your for your concentration issues. If you provide your zip code I can look for psychiatrists in your area.