Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I constantly analyse my ex boyfriend. We broke up a few months

Customer Question

I constantly analyse my ex boyfriend. We broke up a few months ago now he moved out 3 weeks after breaking up we had a few conversations about being sad about the break up and needing space but wanting to remain friends he did mention he was over the relationship when I was having a chat to him about my feelings. I then found out 2 weeks after he moved out he started seeing someone else. I had bumped into him at the shops to see him with this new girlfriend. I tried to contact him a few days later to have a chat but he just sent me a few text messages to say that he needs a clean break from me and he doesn’t know what to chat about anymore and he’s done and hope everything works out for me. I in return told him I was sad to hear that hoping we could remain friends he said that our relationship wasn’t worth fighting for and he didn’t see a true friendship between us I said that our relationship changed but we’re still the same people who did ultimately get along and wish him all luck in the future. 4 weeks after that I get a prank call on my phone and a couple of days after that he sent me an email with a website link to the house we were living in together being up for rent which I just ignored. 2 weeks after that I get another 2 prank calls during the week in which I decided to email him to ask if it was him making the calls, he just sent me an email back saying what? What do you want? I ignored the response in turn because I did not want anything to end up in anything nasty
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am sorry to hear about this break-up you had with your boyfriend, I know how that can be difficult for a person. I read your entire description, but I did not see you pose a question so may I ask what exactly is your mental health question that you would like assistance with?