Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have a question. Im male 31 years old im straight. But i

Customer Question

Hi i have a question. Im male 31 years old im straight. But i have had a fantasy to have sex/oral with a transsexual woman for a few years now. Last week for the first time i gave oral to a beautiful transsexual woman and now im wondering what that makes me... im not into men one bit at all. I only ever liked normal woman and now transsexual woman now and then?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I can definitely understand your concern by this situation, but in the overall scheme of things you are worried about a self-identified label of either heterosexuality, homosexuality, or bisexuality. Transsexuals are becoming more and more accepted in society, so the use of the binary system of sexual orientation (and bisexuality) has become outdated, so new research is being done to help update how we as individuals self-identify within our sexual orientation. For instance the term "gynandromorphophilia" has been proposed for men that have a sexual attraction to transsexual women. The reason for these new terms and research is because it is clear that there is a growing attraction to transsexual women by men and that these men do not identify as homosexual, which makes sense because they do not find the male physique attractive only a female physique, like one seen on a transsexual. Transsexual women typically will try to embody the female physique in more ways than some biological women by increasing the pitch of their voice, trying to have the perfect female body, being expert with make-up, dress well and possibly "sexy," and usually having a number of plastic surgeries done to make them feel more like a woman. This shows that you are attracted to the female aspect of a transsexual because that is what a transsexual will try to emphasize in presentation. So overall you are 100 percent not a homosexual and you still identify as heterosexual with an attraction to transsexual women, but overall you are still heterosexual.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. I know how this can be confusing as sexual orientation has become less of a binary system and more of a dimensional system across a spectrum, but you should self-identify to what you feel like best identifies you and right now that is heterosexuality. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.
*****If you are satisfied with my answer, I would truly appreciate it if you can take the time and provide me with a positive rating so that I can receive credit for helping you. Thank you