Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have been researching treatment therapy and wondering if

Customer Question

I have been researching MDMA treatment therapy and wondering if it is available in US.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I believe I may be able to help you with your concern. Currently there is no publicly available treatment program using MDMA, but earlier this year the DEA allowed the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) to conduct the first recent study using MDMA to treat anxiety for chronically ill patients in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a ground-breaking study since all other research on MDMA has only been done in the 1970’s and early 80’s before MDMA was classified as a Schedule I drug, which restricted its use in any study or treatment until this year. So while there is no official MDMA treatment available in the U.S. currently, there is hope that in the next 5 years more clinical studies/trials will be available using MDMA with the hope of it being an approved treatment method in the near future.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. I truly wish you all the best with your forthcoming treatment and even though MDMA is not available in the U.S. currently, hopefully you can find a suitable form of treatment for your psychological issues.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. If I answered your question satisfactorily I would very much appreciate if you could rate my performance in helping you so that I can get credit for this question. Thank you very much