Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My daughter in law is attending therapy about eevery three

Customer Question

My daughter in law is attending therapy about eevery three weeks and she is on the lowest does of some medicine for depression.
She flies off the handle at little things my son does like not bringing home dressing for a salad when she didnt tell him. Rather than saying i wanted sauce and let him go to the store to get some, she cuses him out and leaves to get something at a resturaunt and get a drink. I mean this is small compared to some things. He has about taken all he can. This is constant and then next morning she apologizes. Then again call him stupid and you name it - Yet she can be sweet - then she says she doesnt like life or she sucks at life.
Therapist advised her to not tell me theri problems which that is fine but they still call and it is only getting worse and Im not sure she is telling the whold story to the therapist.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am sorry that your daughter is law is having these issues and demonstrating this problematic behavior. I can understand how distressing this can be for your son. I read through your description, but you did not pose a question, so may I ask what exactly is your mental health question you require assistance with?