Mental Health

Connect one-on-one with a verified mental health professional who will answer your question

Dr. Z
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

More related answers
All mental health professionals are VERIFIED
A man that. I have friends in their 20s and 30s, I a. Sorry
Linda D.
Linda D., Master's Degree
sorry I am 60. One of the young girls was dating a young man who's parents were killed he was 9. He spoke only his tribal language in Columbia. He went to an orphanage in the city in Columbia there he had to learn Spanish. He was adopted by American military parents which he did not have a close relationship with. The girlfriend and him got into a fight he she was drunk and does not remember much. The saw this guy drag her by her hair into the garage where he proceeds to bite her all over body. Leaving teeth marks and drawing blood. He left bite marks on her face, torso, back, belly torn out her belly ring. Then left her on the floor of the garage. When she came to she ran over to the neighbors who called a ambulance. My understanding of this tells me the guy is a psychopath. What do you think? … read more
I do visit as a Chaplain a patient which had been diagnosed
Linda D.
Linda D., Master's Degree
I do visit as a Chaplain a patient which had been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Patient has said that I am the only one who cares for him. I have help him not only in the spiritual/emotional needs but… read more
My wife is a schizophrenic patient and was diagnosed while
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
My wife is a schizophrenic patient and was diagnosed while in one state in USA. After getting two years of treatment she went out of the country and got treatment outside USA. She is back in the count… read more
My son was struck with a serious mental illness three years
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
My son was struck with a serious mental illness three years ago while studying abroad. He managed to graduate from the University of Notre Dame, with honors. His medicine is finally making him stable.… read more
Dear Doctors, My son, 28 years old, Wednesday child and a
Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Adjunct Professor
Dear Doctors, My son, 28 years old, Wednesday child and a bachalor degree graduate in Philosophy and Religius since 2008. In 2003, he was diagnosed schizophrenia disease, it is about 9 years now. Duri… read more
MY SON, AGE 23, WAS DIAGNOSED AS DEPRESSED AND PRESCRIBED
Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Doctoral Degree
MY SON , AGE 23, WAS DIAGNOSED AS DEPRESSED AND PRESCRIBED 100 MG ZOLOFT 2 AND A HALF YEARS AGO, AFTER 6 WEEKS HE WENT HYPOMANIA, THE PSYCHISTRIST SAID HE IS BIPOLAR. HE IS TREATED WITH 50 MG LAMICTAL… read more
My 15 yr old son has recently been diagnosed with aspergers
Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Doctoral Degree
My 15 yr old son has recently been diagnosed with aspergers and has lately been showing signs of possible schizophrenia. His father was a paranoid schizophrenic and I also have mental health problems.… read more
Hallo i'm a mother of 11,5 months baby.. my husband is
Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Dr. Shirley Schaye
hallo i'm a mother of 11,5 months baby. I'm Indonesian. my husband is Ecuadorian.but because of my husband's work,we live in Hongkong. in our house we speak Spanish,English and Indonesian. i'd like to… read more
Dr is not available to answer questions at this time. My son
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, PSYCHIATRIST ( MD Psychiatry)
Dear Sir, Dr Michael is not available to answer questions at this time. My son who is now just 26, has been hospitalised for the longest period ever. He is now in a rehab unit which doesn't really sui… read more
I know that ultimately, the answer to my question will be
psychlady
psychlady, Clinical Director
I know that ultimately, the answer to my question will be "see a doctor" but I am interested in a professional opinion. My boyfriend is 25 and I believe he has schizophrenia (perhaps paranoid). He has… read more
My college-age son has aspergers. He was diagnosed when he
CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Registered Nurse, Director of Nursing
My college-age son has aspergers. He was diagnosed when he was in pre school. He is doing quite well in college except for spanish. He found it impossible to get the language. His school is going to r… read more
My ex partner was diagnosed a few years ago with paranoid
TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Therapist
My ex partner was diagnosed a few years ago with paranoid schizophrenia. He has had a few years where it has not been very obvious, but in the last year or so he has started to have delusions and has … read more
I confided in my psychiatrist about being harassed by the
Dr. K
Dr. K, Psychiatrist
I confided in my psychiatrist about being harassed by the police and he wrote in his assessment report that I am suffering from a paranoid psychosis based on delusional thoughts about what I told him.… read more
My 4.5-year-old has just started school. On Day 8, we were
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Counseling Psychologist
My 4.5-year-old has just started school. On Day 8, we were called to the head's office to discuss his behavioural problems. Apparently, they have not encountered a student like him in the past: they s… read more
My son is 21 years old and will soon be 22. After graduating
Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Doctoral Degree
My son is 21 years old and will soon be 22. After graduating from high school he has had numerous problems coping with adult life. He has been jailed numerous times, exhibited violent behavior, sleeps… read more
I have a 26 yr old son who has been diagnosed with
Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Licensed Psychologist
I have a 26 yr old son who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, paranoid type. He is only interested in getting adderol or provigel from a doctor and is certain that he is not schizophrenic and that… read more
We have a 32-year-old son. He returned home 2 years ago,
Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
We have a 32-year-old son. He returned home 2 years ago, with psychological problems, we think, though he refuses treatment. His sister is diagnosed as bi-polar, has been hospitalized, is medicated, a… read more
My sister has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, bipolar
Nancy
Nancy, Psychotherapist
My sister has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and depression. She has repeatedly attempted suicide, typically by overdosing on her meds, and she also is usually non-compliant with… read more