RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I have a history with Depression and Anxiety, recently I've

Hi, I have a history with Depression and Anxiety, recently I've had tow sessions with a Psychiatrist, Dr. Adrian Paler, online through a website called, Liveperson.com.
I'm following with a psychiatrist here were I live, but I don't like them, they just want to add more medication, they don't even talk with me, I live in the Middle East.
Dr. Adrian Palmer advised me to consult with Psychotherapist or Psychologist, and he told me to fine some one who know Bipolar disorder.
So here I'm try to know how to find the proper Psychotherapist.
I have Deprission Disorder and Anxiety, I used to have panic attack but since I started using Benzodiazepine.
I wish that you can guide me how to find the proper Psychologist online, and how it cost approximately, as I told you before I don't live the United States, where I live we don't have qualified Psychologists.
I'm waiting your reply
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Customer:

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hi, thank you for joining the chat

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about your challenging and frustrating situation.

Customer:

have you read my comment

Customer:

thank you

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Yes I have.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Psychiatrist could only help you with medication, and they would push them as possible, many times not taking into account what you feel and need to know. They are no psychotherapists or psychologists but should know better how to have basic listening skills since it is about mental health and people's lives.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Then you have been diagnoses with Bipolar disorder, correct?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

How well is your current medication working controlling manic episodes and eliminating crisis?

Customer:

The expert I gave you his name told me that

Customer:

I'm quitting Seroquel according to Dr. Adrian scheme,

Customer:

Xanx, cipralix, and I will quite lamotrigine

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Bipolar disorder is a mental health disorder that justify the use of these powerful drugs because of the risks the person is exposed too because of serious manic episodes, buy no medication could allow you to rehabilitate from this disorder, depression, panic disorder or any other, but only psychological treatment.

Customer:

no right now I don't face panic attacks, my problem is the Depression

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see. Each one of these medications could have a very unique effect and benefit in different people, psychiatrists actually experiment with patients in order to find out which medications work the best controlling different symptoms. And you are the one who know how you feel and how well or not each of these medication have been helping you.

Customer:

I can give all the details to know about my situation, but I want to know what is the plan, I will not change any medication without asking my doctor.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please do not change your medication without direct support and monitoring from your doctor.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am here replying to your request about getting counseling online for your depression.

Customer:

I just want to accept the life I'm living, I can't accept my life.

Customer:

so you are psychiatrist

Customer:

not a psychologist

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am sorry to hear that, bipolar disorder could be truly overwhelming, but with the right medication and consistent good therapy, your life quality, mood, functioning and relationships could become stable, healthy and fulfilling.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am a psychotherapist, psychologist and also a marriage and family therapist.

Customer:

Ok, what about the psychology thereby,

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I cannot imagine how overwhelming pain you could have experinced to feel this challenged to accept how life has got for you.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I can support you with it using a confidential text chat interface or Skype as long as the new program just started here at JustAnswer allows it.

Customer:

I think it's because my Open Heart surgery I did from about 12 years to replace heart valves, at that time I think the monster was released

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

That could have been truly traumatic and emotionally devastating because of the impact it had on your mental and emotional health.

Customer:

I don't know are we now in charged session or what,

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Many times mental health disorders could suddenly develop triggered by high stress fron traumatic life issues

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You have agreed to pay the site a specific amount for this answer, and that is what your account would be charge, nothing more for it.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I can see you do not have a subscription here, and that would allow you to qualify for this additional service, in this case for online confidential counseling. If you feel comfortable with me, I am willing to support you that way.

Customer:

yes I know, because I was afraid of the surgery, because I was told the cardiologist that I may die in this surgery even though the success of this kind of surgeries is about 99%

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

That was indeed a very physically and psychologically traumatic experience for sure. I am sorry to know you had to go through it, and that is has affected your life this much.

Customer:

at this time I started to fell the symptoms of Anxiety, then the panic attacks, I didn't know that it wasn't related to my hear condition .

Customer:

sorry heart condition

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Have you ever had psychological treatment-support to rehabilitate from bipolar, depression or anxiety?

Customer:

no I gust go to the psychiatrist to prescribe me the xanax

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Panic is overwhelming anxiety that arises when the person feels unable to cope with painful life issues-situations

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

That's very sad and concerning, since there is no way for anybody to rehabilitate from these serious conditions without necessary psychological support, ideally from counseling and psychotherapy.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I can see why your mental health has deteriorated this much, since you have not received any necessary therapeutic support.

Customer:

now I don't feel any panic attack, depression and anxiety yes, I have a lot of problems and I'm really in bad situation, I don't like my life, I don't like the country I live in, I wish to leave today before tomorrow, but I'm trapped I can't leave because I'm the only man in the house, my father is sick and mother too, and I have a sister, here in Saudi Arabia the family can't live without a man in the house

Customer:

I have a lot of complications, I can't tell it all to you in one session. ,

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I understand and support you, it sound truly tough and challenging.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Would you like to try to see if we could get permission to have an hour for online counseling?

Customer:

I feel that if I didn't find good consultation in this I may do something stupid , I don't know what but I fell that I'm going to explode.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

it could be because of the overwhelming stress from so much responsibilities, problems and challenges you have been facing, for the depression and anxiety pushing you even more, and the lack of necessary support.

Customer:

I quit smooking about 12 years a go , but recently I smoked again, I used to be in good shape and almost athlete, I was 80 kilo, but now I'm more than 100, and I really hate the gym I hate the fake people in places like these.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Then your physical health has also suffered a lot, and that could never help your rehabilitation process from these mental health disorders, nor to better cope with these tough life issues

Customer:

I hate the society around me, more than hatred I despair them.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You have been feeling this wounded for so many tough life issues, and such experiences fuel a lot of anger and resentment since feeling hopeless and helpless, and that's why you feel this way about society

Customer:

I live in a major city like a capital, only business and work, I was born here in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, but still I don't have any rights in this country, I don't feel safe, I don't feel home, the city for me is dark, gloomy just concrete every where

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It sound very depressing indeed

Customer:

as I told you I can't tell you everything in one session, so what is the plan for the psychotherapy,

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

but as you said, right now you have no option but to stay there because of your personl and family responsibilities,and that's why you need to get all the support you can to take good care of yourself and cope, since it is from there that you would be able to get back your power, strength and a more menaignful and fulfilling life in the future

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You would need to post a new question using this link: http://www.justanswer.com/relationship/expert-rafael-morales-toia/

Rafael M.T.Therapist :
Customer:

What happened or what cause this relapse is because I was planning to travel to Turkey three months a go, but I couldn't because of my father condition, I go to turkey every 3 month approximately, I feel free, I don't fear a thing , the country is full of beautiful nature and landscapes, these trips was like a break for me, to run away from here for some time , but the problem is that when I return to Jeddah, I hate it more and more, I really hate this city and this country and I hate the people here, I hate this consumption life running like zombies to collect more money to buy more stupid things, all I dream of is a new life in any other place than here, because I really can't take more from this country.

Customer:

but right now I can't because of many reason not only the sickness of my father and mother

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I understand and support you, it makes perfect sense, sounds realistic and necessary.

Customer:

I'm 40 years old, didn't marry until now, sometimes I try stupid things to be a little bit hi, such as cough syrup.

Customer:

we don't have any kind of alcohol here, and I like beer, and when I travel outside here I drink only beer, because we are not familiar with alcohol , even though I used to make wine here at home but it was something lousy.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

That could never help you but only bring instant relief, but also pushing yourself into a more serious and painful situation, making it harder to cope and rehabilitate, so to take good care of yourself and life.

Customer:

okay, so now what is the plan for sessions.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

As as describe before this is the way to proceed for your sessions:

12:45 PM

Customer:

Fine, so the next time I will go to this website and post a question to you, is the price will be listed, because this time I didn't see any prices.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Yes, the total cost will be clearly set in the reply message.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Use the link that I have provided, otherwise it would not work, the website system should only allow this service to be provided if you post your request through the relationship category and without having a subscription. then please do not get a subscription here if you want to take advantage of this service.

Customer:

Okay, but is this Bipolar, I really don't know what is Bipolar, I will google it now , but is it something in you expertise.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Everything you have described here, even when you said you were diagnosed with bipolar, does not seem to show you have the typical manic or hypomanic episodes bipolar disorder presents, but more about depression and anxiety. But I will assess you in order to find out what has been affecting you this much.

Customer:

So you are not a Doctor or psychiatrists, you are a psychotherapy

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I do provide counseling services for bipolar, depression, and anxiety too. Then it would not be a problem.

Customer:

Fine this is what I need.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Yes, I am not a physician, like a psychiatrist.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I will not prescribe you psychiatric drugs but support you to cope with your life issues, to better understand yourself and process what has been tough and painful in your life.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Thank you for your trust. I will be looking forward to hear from you.

Customer:

This is fine, I've had enough of psychiatrists, and they didn't give any useful thing just medication, and if I said any thing to them they just add more drugs.

Customer:

ok, thank you very much I will contact with you soon.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome. Thank you for your trust.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am glad to support you. Please remember to rate session before you leave the chat.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Bye for now.

Customer:

Bye

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Bye.