Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

When I talk to someone and get little intimidated, my voice

When I talk to someone...

When I talk to someone and get little intimidated, my voice gets shaky and heartbeat faster. I wasn't like this before but started about 10years a go.

11/11/2013
RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Customer:

Hello

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am sorry but your question has been published while you have a subscription and it does not allow expert to answer it. I have already informed about it to a moderator.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

If it gets released, I'd love to support you.

Customer:

I'm sorry but not sure what you mean.

Customer:

What should I do?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You have a subscription, which does nto allow oyu to get more than 1 answer a moth in this category.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You need to request support from the website. I have already requested it to be unlocked for me to answer it.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please do not rate this question to leave the chat option available for you to get a live answer when possible.

and for your account not to be charged.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It has been unblocked! We could continue!

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am listening.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

When you feel intimidated, it means you experience fear about something painful that could happen to you, and the somatic (physical) changes you experience, like your voice getting shaky and your heartbeat getting faster, confirm how intense this experience and reactions could become, to the point of creating overwhelming levels of anxiety, triggered by social situations. If you were not like this before, then you need to identify what happened 10 years ago in your life of traumatic or painful pushing you to develop this intense social anxiety, and it would be from there that you could start your rehabilitation process from this disorder.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does it make sense?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I saw you typing all this time, as the system showed, and was waiting for your reply. Apparently there was a technical issue in the chat. I hope you could reply when best for you since I am still here waiting and looking forwards to support you as possible.

11/11/13 8:03 PM
Does it make sense?
11/11/13 8:08 PM

I'm sorry for late reply. But how do I identify what happened 10years ago? I don't think anything major happened to me.

Disorders like this could develop in an acute fashion after overwhelming feelings from a traumatic incident, or gradually after chronic exposure to stressful situations from very different areas, and the person only becomes aware of the problem when it gets to arise clearly affecting mood and functioning. Either way, if there is no awareness of what was at the core of the start point of this disorder, psychotherapy would allow you to explore and identify it, for you to process the emotional impact it had on you, and to develop[ effective ways of coping with fear and anxiety. It's been to ll long you have been suffering of this frustrating problem, and this is why it is time not to delay getting necessary support.
the rehabilitation process could be tough and challenging but it is necessary and worthy for sure, since you need to be able to be and feel comfortable and to enjoy your life around those you care about as well as to freely interact at different social settings without experiencing excessive anxiety when talking to or sharing with other people.

How do I get help getting psychotherapy? Where can I find a good one?

You have different options.

1- Request your primary care physician to refer you to mental health counseling.
2- Contact your county mental health department and they would refer you to a local mental health clinic for counseling/psychotherapy services.
3- Directly look for a professional with a private practice, using directories like http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php

Please take the time to contact at least 3 to 5 therapists via phone or email, and ideally interview at least 2 to 3 in order to see who seems to be competent, ethical and experienced enough to support you well. One who truly listens to you, shows empathy, good rapport-connection, understanding and a proactive attitude to support you in a very objective and realistic way. Ideally I do recommend professional psychotherapists with expertise in integral psychology and psychotherapy, since they would be able not to adjust you to a single limited technique, but to take the time to know you and implement different therapeutic tools according to your personality, needs and concrete reality.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. Thanks.
RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist

If you don't mind asking, do they usually take insurance?

Depending on the provider they will or will not take your insurance. it's always a good idea to contact your insurance health carrier and ask then about coverage, as well as directly ask each therapist from initial contact about it, since it some do take some of them, but not other plans, and some would only accept cash.
RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
RealSupport
RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist