RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I am a 57 year old male and am happily married. For the last

Hi, I am a 57 year old male and am happily married. For the last three years I have felt the need to be naked. I hate wearing clothes at home. At the end of the day after work I like to be able to strip off my clothes as it helps me to relax and unwind and I feel comfortable being naked.. I like to do things naked that I can do clothed, for example painting rooms or if I'm pottering about in my garage. I am not an exhibitionist nor do I get any sexual gratification from this, as I say I hate wearing clothes to do things if I can do them naked. I would like to know if this is normal or abnormal.
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Could you please tell me more about this behavior, like how it started 3 years ago, what led to it, how did you feel before this behavior and since it's been present in your life?

Customer:

I was suffering mild depression back then but I have always enjoyed the feeling of being naked.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

There is no reason for you to worry about this behavior, as long as it does not become a compulsive behavior or undermines -negatively impacts those around you, namely your wife and if there are any children living with you.

Customer:

ok thank you.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see, then this has been a preference for long ago, and it has not caused any problems in your family relationships, right?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am glad to know that you have rehabilitated from your depression.

Customer:

No, no problems.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Then, I do not see any reason for you to worry about it, since it does not have any sexual connotations, and it is not related to any form of exposure-exhibitionism.

Customer:

Thanks for your advice Rafael.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You and your wife feel comfortable with it and there has never been any issues around it, but you feel comfortable with it, have not suffered of depression any longer nor suffer of anxiety or any other serious mental health problem associated with it.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome. I do totally agree with you, that is much more comfortable. Take good care and feel free to contact me if you have any further questions since I am here willing to support you.

Customer:

It's all good thanks.