solutions.therapist
solutions.therapist, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor, anxiety phobia, depression
68436540

I've been on Prozac for 5 months and now I'm having feelings

I've been on Prozac for 5 months and now I'm having feelings of hurting myself again I cant call anyone because I can't talk what should I do
solutions.therapist :

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to visiting with you, listening to you and helping to facilitate an answer to your concern.

solutions.therapist :

I am sorry to hear your not feeling well

solutions.therapist :

I'd like to ask a few more questions to clarify.

solutions.therapist :

You mentioned hurting yourself, again. What has occurred in the past?

Customer: Overdose, cutting I even swam in the river
solutions.therapist :

I am sorry to hear that. I'm glad you sought help and realize the thoughts of hurting yourself weren't healthy.

solutions.therapist :

Are you seeing a therapist and who prescribed the medication?

Customer: No my doctor does it but I don't have a voice right now to tell her what's wrong
solutions.therapist :

You literally can not speak? Is this a temporary condition?

solutions.therapist :

What kind of doctor, a medical doctor or a mental health doctor?

Customer: I don't know I lost my voice 7 weeks ago after starting an antibiotic for brocolorphenomena im waiting to see a ear nose and throat doctor
Customer: Medical
solutions.therapist :

yuck... sorry about your illness..... it appears you can type to communicate, thats good. What can you share with me that you can't talk to your doctor about?

Customer: I think my dad causes most of my mental health problems but I can't move away from home
solutions.therapist :

What is it about your dad that causes you to want to hurt yourself? Is he aware of your self harm concerns from the past and currently?

Customer: He has abused me all my life physically mentally and verbally and yes he knows about the times I hurt myself
solutions.therapist :

Does anyone else live in your home with you and your father?

Customer: Mom and sister
solutions.therapist :

Does your father abuse them? how old is your sister? Has your father been involved in any intervention to stop this behavior?

solutions.therapist :

No one deserves to be abused. You are valuable and put on this earth for a reason. You should be respected for who you are.

Customer: My sister is 38 and no he has not been in an intervention to stop
solutions.therapist :

Can I ask if the abuse has been sexual?

Customer: It use to be but not any more
solutions.therapist :

I am so sorry to hear that. Can you elaborate on your living arrangements and why you are not able to move away from your father?

Customer: I have epilepsy and my seizures are not under control last time I lived on my own I was found unconscious on the kitchen floor
solutions.therapist :

Is your mom your primary caretaker? Is she loving?

Customer: Yes
solutions.therapist :

Do you and your sister have a good relationship?

Customer: Yes
solutions.therapist :

Sorry to ask so many questions. I just want to get a sense of your situation so that together we can try to develop a plan to alleviate some of your emotional pain right now and also have some tools to use in case those feeling creep up again.

solutions.therapist :

I am glad you have your mom and sister for support. Are you able to use them to help you with your emotional issues tonight?

solutions.therapist :

I don't want you to feel your only resolution to your pain is physical pain. It's important to seek others to help you when you feel this way.

Customer: I can't get what your writing
solutions.therapist :

I want to make sure you have a support system. I want to make sure you can confide in your mother and sister when you have these feelings.

solutions.therapist :

I know your voice is gone right now, but you can type and write to them if necessary. I am here now and will continue working with you. I just want to make sure when we are off line you have support. :)

solutions.therapist :

What sort of thoughts are going on that makes you want to hurt yourself? When you say hurt yourself, do have a specific way?

solutions.therapist :

glad your back....

solutions.therapist :

I think it would be important for you to see your dr. and ask to re evaluate your medication. Sometimes you need to increase the dosage or make a change in antidepressants. I would ask him to refer you to a mental health doctor for further help.

solutions.therapist :

Tell me about yourself. What are your interests? hobbies? job?

Customer: I work for we care home health services I have had a lot of deaths in my family recently and I don't cope well with death
solutions.therapist :

I am sorry your dealing with so many losses. It sounds like those that have died were close to you. Grieving is a process and is different for everyone. Who have you lost?

solutions.therapist :

are you still available?

Customer: Yes
solutions.therapist :

there you are. oops there you went.

solutions.therapist :

Those you have lost would not want you to hurt yourself. It sounds like there are many clients counting on you to help them. Does helping others give you a good feeling?

Customer: Sometimes
solutions.therapist :

Just remember you are worthy of love. Don't let your fathers actions define who you are. You are definitely a survivor. You have been through a lot, medically, physically and emotionally. You are strong. You are compasionate and caring.

solutions.therapist :

The trials and struggles we go through make us strong and better able to cope in the future. It allows us to help others who are in need as well.

solutions.therapist :

I want you to remember to write down how you are feeling and share this with your mother and your medical doctor. It is my hope that these feelings have subsided some. For many, sharing thoughts and feelings of sadness provides some relief. I hope that you will share with your family the grief you are experiencing over the losses. If these are all family related, your entire family may be experiencing loss. This may be part of your fathers issues right now. Everyone copes with loss in different ways, sometimes in ways that are not so healthy.

solutions.therapist :

Bless you. If I can help you in the future, just ask for me by name in the title. Wishing you well....goodnight.