Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
4079050

I have been to the phsyciatrist and he added Luvox to my lamicton

I have been to the phsyciatrist and he added Luvox to my lamicton which I have been taking for just over a week he says I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder from an imbalance of chemicals related to head injuries 14 years ago. I still don't feel better.

Dr. Vikas :

Hello ! Thank you for your question, I’m Dr. Vikas (M.D Psychiatry) and I’ll try to help you today.

Dr. Vikas :

What is the dose of Luvox you are taking currently?

Customer:

50 mg

Dr. Vikas :

OK, see, the usual dose range of Luvox is from 100 to 200 mg per day for depression. The initial starting dose is 50 mg / day which can be increased to 100 mg per day after 5-7 days of starting the dose.

Dr. Vikas :

most patients start responding within 10-14 days of starting the treatment. You can discuss with your doctor about increasing the dose and this should help.

Customer:

Dr can severe head injuries to the front two lobes cause depression 14 years later. O by the way I was diagnosed with partial epilepsy a year ago but is completely under control

Dr. Vikas :

see, I don't think that this depressive episode is any way related to a injury which occured 14 years ago. Depression can occur any time with or without stressor also. Any chronic illness like epilepsy can also trigger depressive episodes in patients or it can be an isolated diagnosis not related to epilepsy or head injury.

Customer:

Last question does sudden self doubt and anxiety come with depression?

Dr. Vikas :

any way, what ever was the reason behind this depressive episode, the treatment part is still going to remain the same.

Dr. Vikas :

yes, in majority of patients we see, most of them suffer from mixed anxiety depressive symptoms.

Dr. Vikas :

both of them can be present at the time of diagnosis.

Customer:

Ok thank you Doctor