Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My grandauhter is psychofenic is off meds and has

my grandauhter is psychofenic is off meds and has disappeared for 3 weeks.what do they do hide.there iss a missing person all over the nation on her,we ar worried sick
Dr. Z :

Hello

Dr. Z :

I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

I am so sorry to hear about your granddaughter, I know how distressing this must be for you right now.

Dr. Z :

I would like to ask a few questions to get some more information about your grand-daughter, so that I can give you the best answer possible.

Dr. Z :

May I ask, what diagnosis was your grand-daughter given?

Dr. Z :

Does she have a history of paranoia (e.g. people are after her, people are trying to hurt her, people are spying on her)?

Customer:

can you have more then one dianosis?

Dr. Z :

Yes you can definitely have more than one diagnosis, that is very common. If you have a list of them that would be fine to list them here as well

Customer:

my spelling is bad n the illness physiofranic

Dr. Z :

Do you mean schizophrenia possibly?

Customer:

bi polar.-physiofranic and a few more hears voices

Dr. Z :

Okay well it is definitely a psychotic disorder, most likely Schizoaffective disorder, this is the combination of schizophrenia and a mood disorder like Bipolar Disorder. This is a very serious psychotic disorder, so I can definitely understand your concern for her.

Customer:

bi-polar ,schisophrenic and moe

Dr. Z :

She may be hearing voices and having odd thoughts (Delusions) that people are after her, trying to hurt her, or spying on her...this can cause paranoia and that may be why she ran away and disappeared.

Dr. Z :

You said that she may be working as a stripper in Oregon, what makes you think that?

Customer:

yes, but then what

Customer:

she is making money stripping for suer and could e hookoing

Dr. Z :

Well in the United States we have a law that can mandate involuntary commitment, where she will be forced medication in most instances. Typically she would have to threaten to hurt herself, threaten to hurt someone else, or could be gravely disabled (e.g. not taking care of daily needs including shelter, clothing, food, hygiene, etc..). It is possible if you find her, you can report her to the authorities to get a 72 hour involuntary hold to get her the treatment she needs.

Customer:

she has been stripping for 5 years

Dr. Z :

Also if she is still psychotic after the 72 hours, the hold can be extended up to a month in most states by a ruling from a civil court judge.

Dr. Z :

So she disappeared 5 years ago?

Dr. Z :

Or was she stripping while she was undergoing treatment?

Customer:

there is a national police missing report all over the nation …no one AS HEARD FROM HER IN THE STRIP CLUBS,,,POLICE ARE ASKING FOR DNA NOW

Customer:

SHE HAD THREATED TI KILL 3 PEOPLE O FACEBOOK…THEN ERASED IT

Dr. Z :

Most likely she does not have the right state of mind to hold down a steady job, so I doubt she is stripping. But she may be living on the streets and making some money as a prostitute. That is not uncommon with this population.

Dr. Z :

So because she exhibited violent tendencies in the past, she most likely will in the future as well. This is caused by her voices and paranoia.

Dr. Z :

So an involuntary commitment is very possible, but first you will have to find her, which can be difficult obviously.

Customer:

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THE POLICE FINDING HER

Customer:

I AM AFRAID SOME MAN GOT HER AND WHO KNOW'S WHAT …SHE CCOULD BE DEAD

Dr. Z :

Well most likely the police are not looking for her directly because she voluntarily left and disappeared, but she can get arrested for a minor crime (the most common for someone with Schizoaffective Disorder are usually small petty crimes like Loitering, petty theft, Disorderly Conduct). Then when they run her name and fingerprints they will see the missing persons report.

Customer:

YES SHE IS PARANOID TOO

Dr. Z :

It is possible that someone may have hurt her, but I doubt that because her paranoia makes her stay away from people

Customer:

SHE WAS UNDER TREATMENT FOR 3 MONTHS AND DOIN GOOD..BUT THE MINUTE SHE LEFT SHE STOPPED HER MEDICINE;S

Dr. Z :

Some individuals with paranoia do this because they do not like the effects of the medicines or actually feel the medicines may be poison.

Dr. Z :

Here are some good resources to help families with these particular situations when one family member is mentally ill

Customer:

THANK YOU FOR THOSE SIGHTS. SO SHE IS PROBABLY HOOKING?

Dr. Z :

I do not know her, but it is possible based on what you stated, but she can also be begging or living in a homeless shelter...or possibly a battered women's shelter. These are not uncommon places for women with mental illness that live on the street.

Customer:

AND THE POLICE WILL HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING HER……WITH NO MEDS.WHAT EVENTUALLY HAPPENS.PLEASE?

Dr. Z :

Typically the most likely scenario if she is living on the street is that she would be arrested for a minor crime and provided mental health treatment while in jail (the jail system provides more acute mental health care than all the hospitals in the country unfortunately).

Dr. Z :

That is the most likely scenario, but there are also other scenarios that can happen too, there are just too many variables to accurately predict.

Customer:

YES.I UNDERSTAND AND THNAK YOU SO MUCH.I PRAY SHE IS A LIVE….PORNO PLACES COULD HAVE HER TOO/

Dr. Z :

I will pray for her as well, is there anything else I can do to assist you?

Customer:

NO.I THNAK YOU VERY MUCH.PLEASE DO PRAY FOR HER…KELSEY CRANE OR PAWLYK SHE GOES IF SHE IS ALIVE HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE PI OR POLICE TO LOCATE HER .GOD BESS YOU

Customer:

THERE ARE MISSING PERSONS ALL OVER THE NATION

Dr. Z :

I am not sure how long it would take the police to find her, it depends on where she is. A big or small town will make a difference on how soon someone will find her. I will definitely keep her in my prayers for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Customer:

SIGN AL OVER THE NATION

Customer:

THANK YOU DR.Z THANK YOU SO MUCH .

Dr. Z :

Anytime, I am always happy to help. God bless and best of luck to you :)

Thank you very much for the positive review and very generous bonus, I truly appreciate it :) I hope that your grand-daughter returns to you swiftly. I will be praying for your grand-daughter and for the rest of your family. If you need anything else, please feel free to contact me at anytime. God bless you!