RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

Having like a da ja vu moment and thinking I now what's

having like a da ja vu moment and thinking I now what's going to happen next in my head I go all quiet and don't respond to any one happens a few times a week
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Could you please describe the actual situation, what happened for to be better understand your experience?

Customer:

well it happened early I sat down for dinner and I just was thinking as if I dreamt this happening before then my family asking me if I was ah right and I just sat there blanking them

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see, then how many times have you had an experience like this, and what impact it has had in your mood, functioning and relationships?

Customer:

probably about a year now twice a week maybe. not that much as its only lasts for a few seconds. just wondered if you had any idea on the cause of them happening

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Is it more like a feeling of familiarity or are there very specific details that would be impossible for you to anticipate?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You meant when you experience this you literally do not respond-interact with anybody around you?

Customer:

its like something happens that make me think ive seen this happening before hand and I sort of panic then I realise its just I my head and carry on. I can hear and I feel like I am answering back straight away but Ive been told a few times now that I don't answer for 10 secs say.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Then I think this could be caused by anxiety. We do not know why it is arising n this way but the fact that you block yourself from interacting during those seconds and then feel like panicking could suggest it is related to anxiety.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Have you suffered of anxiety before, or feeling nervous often?

Customer:

I use to nervous when I was younger in school talking to new people and what not but don't really get an more nervous than any one else

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

If you have been experiencing this episodes this regularly and they are affecting you this way, I strongly recommend you to get a psychological assessment to identify what could be causing them. What you know is that you get confused, stop communicating and responding to those around you and feel like panicking, all of these symptoms and the period of time they have been present justify a psychological evaluation to find out what is causing them and what could be done for you to be and feel good again.

Customer:

okay and how would I get one of those through the local gp

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You would ask him/her to refer you to a professional who could implement such evaluation after explaining to him what you experience, how you feel and how it affects you.

Customer:

okay will get on to that then thank you for your help

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Thank you for your trust.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please feel free to contact me for any further questions you may have about it.

Customer:

okay will do thanks again