Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane,I have been thinking a bit about how you said

Dear Dr. Keane,I have been thinking a bit about how you said I am a worrier, I am not disputing that fact, just wondering what you think of my personality, is it one that is not that good, or ok? I know the common cold can make anyone feel a bit miserable, but ever since I had a really bad spell a few years ago of colds running into each other almost, but it isn’t like I’ve never experienced a cold, I always get them in the fall and winter months at some time, so I just don’t understand why the angst. I feel a bit silly about actually asking you about that, but is it just that bad experiences can play a bit because the cold can leave a person feeling tired and generally run-down, which to me is a normal way of feeling when I have one, so I do take any remedy that seems effective to help a bit, and take as much rest and fluids as I can possibly manage, so it isn’t like I don’t know how to deal with it. Is it also because I have had a really busy time plus a lot on my mind recently, possibly also why I have been thinking about my personality. Also, can we possibly chat at the end of the week or at the weekend please? It’s just that by that time I should have had my meeting with the volunteer group and I’m thinking that it may be good to chat with someone. You seem to understand how things are. I hope to chat soon, and I’m sorry I missed you before, I just wasn’t that well, although can see I am on the mend.

I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. Unfortunately I do not know when this may be, as the professionals come on line as they are available. You don't have to stand by, you will get an email telling you when you have received a response. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Camille

Hi, it may not be the cold causing your angst, it could be a combination of things such as the weather change and the change that you will be experiencing at your volunteer position. As you probably know, when one gets busy, stress levels go up and you become more susceptible to a cold. I will not be around much this weekend so I'll check in when I can and try to catch up for a chat.
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.