Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I need to know If I need to move I have polar disorder and I

I need to know If I need to move I have bi polar disorder and I live with my parents im a 24 yr old female I Used to love in Cali bit my ex screwed me over Left me with all the bills. I have an opportunity to move out of my parents place and in with a Friend in another state. my parents havent really Tried to understand my disorder ajd they are nearing 70. they call me 12 say im not responsibile they want to control my Bank account adn what car I get. my Moms going into open heart surgery and shall be at home all day for4 months and I Barely get along with them now. Theyve threqtened to stop me off at tge shelter and they want to control everything I do. plus im in a job that I cant stand. the pros of leaving ill leave both beind the cons theres no guaranteed job though I do have someone that can took up with one. my question is what should I do ?
Dr. Z. :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z. :

I am so sorry you are having these difficulties at home, I can imagine why you are so distressed and want to move out.

Dr. Z. :

You mentioned that you can move to another state with a friend, who may be able to provide you with a job, I would like to ask what about your mental health care, namely your medications for Bipolar Disorder? How would that be handled if you move?

Dr. Z. :

I do thinking moving would be good for your psychological health and independence because you mention that your parents treat you like a child and that is not good for you. But I just want to make sure that you have a good mental health contact present if you do decide to move. This will be beneficial for you

Customer:

i do i have the option to do medocaod

Customer:

medicaid

Dr. Z. :

Before you plan to move to this new city and state, I would call the psychiatrists or primary care doctors in that area to see if they have openings to see new patients and if they accept medicaid.

Dr. Z. :

Also you mentioned that your friend can find you a job, how confident are you that your friend will be able to help you get employment?

Customer:

im under my dads insurance would thaat end if i moved out

Dr. Z. :

It depends, your dad cancel your insurance. Or the new state that you are moving to may not accept his insurance. For instance Kaiser Peramanente insurance is not accepted by most states in this country.

Dr. Z. :

*Your dad CAN cancel your insurance

Customer:

but under obama care id still be eligible right

Dr. Z. :

You definitely would be eligible for the insurance exchanges in most states, which I believe start in January 2014, but that is a very confusing law and I am not expert on Health care law. Either way you still most likely would qualify for at least medicaid.

Customer:

so i just need to find a place thst accepts medicaid

Dr. Z. :

That would be best for you, if you tell me what city you are planning on moving to, I can look up a list of psychiatrists that possibly accept medicaid for you

Customer:

myrtle beach sc

Dr. Z. :

Okay give me a few minutes to compile a list for you

Customer:

ok

Dr. Z. :

So I looked for you and there are no psychiatrists listed near you that accept medicaid, unfortunately. So your best bet would be to go to a primary care doctor that accents medicaid. Many of them do (more so than psychiatrists) and they can prescribe mood stabilizers and other medications for you.

Customer:

thank u so much

Dr. Z. :

Anytime, is there anything else you need tonight?

Dr. Z. :

Here is also the link to help get medicaid in SC.

Dr. Z. :

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Customer:

no