Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

Chat please

Chat please
9/8/2013
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Dr. Kaushik :

Greetings !

Dr. Kaushik :

How are you doing ?

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

Man

Customer:

Are you kidding me?!!!

Customer:

Abilify cost 200 $

Customer:

!!!

Customer:

Think of something reasonable

Customer:

Thats not

Customer:

Zoloft 200

Customer:

Remeron 30

Customer:

Sorry 15

Dr. Kaushik :

ok.

Dr. Kaushik :

if it is too expensive then in that case you can use seroquel ( quetiapine ) at dose of 25 mg to start with and later increasing the dose to 50 mg.

Dr. Kaushik :

another alternative will be risperdal ( risperidone ) at dose of 1 mg at night for 1 and then raising the dose to 2 mg .

Dr. Kaushik :

Risperdal is cheaper than the rest so you may try that.

Dr. Kaushik :

I hope this will take care of your fugue/ ptsd.

Dr. Kaushik :

continue on zoloft 200 mg , remeron 15 mg and clonazepam 0.5 mg twice a day.

Dr. Kaushik :

Add to this 1 mg of risperdal OR 25 mg Seroquel , which ever of these two is less expensive can be added.

Dr. Kaushik :

I hope this is understood.

Dr. Kaushik :

if there is any more doubt please ask.

Customer:

Risperdal cause weight gain?

Dr. Kaushik :

yes both risperdal and serquel do cause weight gain but at the low doses that i have mentioned of these drugs you shall escape weight gain.

Customer:

Ok which I take?

Dr. Kaushik :

try risperdal 1 mg

Customer:

Which better?

Dr. Kaushik :

risperdal more effective.

Customer:

1 mg daily?

Dr. Kaushik :

yes.

Dr. Kaushik :

at night

Dr. Kaushik :

1 mg for first week and then raise the dose to 2 mg at night.

Customer:

Ok roger

Dr. Kaushik :

And then maintain on this 2 mg dose

Dr. Kaushik :

this is comparatively.

Dr. Kaushik :

much cheaper

Customer:

Ok

Customer:

I take it at night?

Dr. Kaushik :

yes.

Dr. Kaushik :

after dinner

Customer:

Ok thank you

Dr. Kaushik :

but remember after 1 week you shall have to increase the dose to 2 mg

Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist