Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

Can you recommend a geriatric psychiatrist that accepts

Medicare and Trip Care for...
Can you recommend a geriatric psychiatrist that accepts Medicare and Trip Care for Life. We live in fredericksburg va
9/4/2013
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
DoctorZ :

Hello I believe I may be able to help you with your concern

DoctorZ :

I looked and called a number of physicians/psychiatrists in your area, but unfortunately the 3 listed geriatric physicians in your area do not provide psychiatric care

DoctorZ :

The closest geriatric psychiatrist to you that accepts medicare is 50 miles away in Fairfax, VA. Here is a link to the listed approved medicare geriatric psychiatrists.

DoctorZ :

Now I realize that place is pretty far, so I can look for medicare accepted regular psychiatrists that may accept you as a patient, but they would not specialize in geriatric psychiatry like you requested.

DoctorZ :

So I am doing some calls to psychiatrists in your area and it looks like a Dr. Murray Cohen(###) ###-####accepts medicate according to the medicare.gov website and also accepts patients 18 and above. Again not a specialist in geriatric psychiatry, but may be willing to see you.

DoctorZ :

*I meant MEDICARE not medicate in the earlier post

DoctorZ :

There was one other I tried to call, but they already left for the day so I could not confirm if this psychiatrist sees geriatric patients or not, but I can try to call again tomorrow or you can call if you like. Dr. Susan Tucker,(###) ###-####a id="0446436737&addressID=10819941&viewmap=0&loc=Fredericksburg%2C%20VA%2C%20USA&lat=38.3031837&lng=-77.46053990000001&type=hcp_s&spltyID=Psychiatry%20&distance=100&lngid=0&ID=" rel="nofollow" type="hcp_s&spltyID=Psychiatry%20&distance=100&lngid=0&ID=""" href="http://www.medicare.gov/physiciancompare/profile.html#selectedID=0446436737&addressID=10819941&viewmap=0&loc=Fredericksburg%2C%20VA%2C%20USA&lat=38.3031837&lng=-77.46053990000001&type=hcp_s&spltyID=Psychiatry%20&distance=100&lngid=0&ID=" target="_blank">

DoctorZ :

Unfortunately those are the only two psychiatrists that accept medicare in your city according to medicare.gov. There is another psychiatrist named Dr. Syed Ahmed that does accept medicare, but his reviews are not good from former patients, so I would not recommend him although if you like his number is(###) ###-#### I was unable to reach his office to see if he treats geriatric patients as he left for the day as well.

DoctorZ :

If you would like me to refine the search and call some more numbers I am more than willing to do that for you. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me in the chat box at anytime, and I will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: Dr.susan tucker is not an option. Have seen her and she said I was not depressed that I just needed a hobby. I would prefer to go south to richmond as app
DoctorZ :

Okay let me look in Richmond for you, but I cannot call them because it is after hours although I can call places tomorrow if you wish

Customer: Thanks for the info dr
DoctorZ :

So unfortunately there is only one geriatric psychiatrist in Richmond and he may or may not allow for medicare payments is what the website says

DoctorZ :

Here is the link for you

Customer: No worries. Made an appointment with Dr. William Sauve in Glen Allen. he does not accept Medicare but at this point I am desparate for help. Do you think he is a good choice?
DoctorZ :

Let me check him out

Customer: Thanks
DoctorZ :

Oh wow he actually specializes in Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation therapy, that is a relatively new treatment modality that is very effective. He seems like he is very up to date with treatment protocols, so yes I feel he is very qualified to give you a wide variety of options for treatment.

DoctorZ :

I am actually pretty impressed with this psychiatrist because you do not see many that are trained in Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation therapy

DoctorZ :

He is young though and not as experienced, but that also means that he is more progressive in thinking for treatment that will benefit you with the least amount of risks and can provide you with plenty of different treatment options

Customer: That is what I was thinking as well. Thank you for your help.
DoctorZ :

Anytime, is there anything else I can assist you with?

Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Dr. Z
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist