Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I am trying to have my OCD documented in order to obtain special

I am trying to have my OCD documented in order to obtain special accommodations in college. The psychologist that is giving me the assessment has twice given me the MMPI, neither of which time I could finish and on the third time, I simply bubbled in the answers. It seems that I am "over-thinking" the questions to the point it makes me debilitated and cant complete. I am in the process of taking the state boards for my chiropractor license and don't know what else to do

DoctorZ :

Hello I believe I may be able to help you with your concern

DoctorZ :

I am sorry that you have been experiencing these symptoms associated with OCD, I can imagine how distressing this must be for you.

DoctorZ :

Typically the MMPI-2 is just too long of an assessment for someone exhibiting symptoms associated with OCD. I typically use an assessment called a Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI) that is around 200 items shorter than the items on the MMPI-2.

DoctorZ :

Also you do not need a psychologist to do administer assessments to document your case of OCD, I can search for psychologists/therapists in your area that can make that diagnosis and document it for you. Also you can go to a psychiatrist and get a prescription for a SSRI antidepressant that can be used to treat OCD symptoms to help relieve your symptoms and at the same time document it so that you can get special privileges in college.

Customer:

I live in Port Orange, FL (32129) and would appreciate it if you can possibly refer me to someone in my area

DoctorZ :

Sure can you give me a few minutes to look up therapists in your area.

Customer:

Yes, thanks

DoctorZ :

Okay so this first therapist can provide testing and evaluation for OCD

DoctorZ :

And the other therapists have a specialty in treating OCD

Customer:

Thank you

DoctorZ :

Is there anything else I can do for you tonight?