Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My husband thinks everybody is against him, at work, and even

My husband thinks everybody is against him, at work, and even me. We all trying to steal his God given bright destiny. He even accused my friends of hijacking his prayers. What can this attitude be. He has no friends. Please help.

DoctorZ :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern

DoctorZ :

I am sorry that your husband is exhibiting these symptoms, I can imagine how distressing this is for you.

DoctorZ :

May I ask, for how long has he been exhibiting these symptoms?

Customer:

About 2 years now

DoctorZ :

And during that time has he been hearing any voices at all that you can tell?

Customer:

No. Voices. He believes he sees evil things people do to him

DoctorZ :

Okay, well it sounds like your husband has a disorder called Delusional Disorder Persecutory Type

DoctorZ :

Here is a link to describe it in more detail

DoctorZ :

This is a very serious psychotic disorder, but it is treatable. Although your husband has to be willing to seek help and go to intensive therapy

DoctorZ :

In addition, this link is good too

Customer:

What next for us now.advice

DoctorZ :

Well I would make an appointment with a psychiatrist as soon as possible for him because his paranoia and persecutory thoughts will escalate and he could become violent if he believes that his life is in danger, remember in his mind he thinks everyone is against him

DoctorZ :

It would be difficult to get him to see a mental health professional, but try to convince him and say that you will go with him.

Customer:

Thanks

DoctorZ :

If he does become violent or threatens to hurt others or himself, then you can call 911 and he will be placed on a 72 hour psychiatric hold where he will receive treatment

DoctorZ :

Is there anything else I can do to assist you today?

Customer:

Thank you very much

DoctorZ :

Okay, well I want to wish you and your husband the best of luck with everything and if you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at anytime

DoctorZ :

I hope I provided you with excellent service today

Customer:

Yes you did. Thanks