RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

Is there something that can help me cope with father`s

Hello! Is there something that can help me cope with father`s death?
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about your loss.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Grieving a parent is one of the most painful experiences most people have to face, and when we find ourselves feeling overwhelmed by it and unable to cope, it's obvious much more and better support is necessary.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

For how long have you been working on healing from your grief with psychotherapeutic support, and what type of psychotherapy has it been?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

For unresolved grief, at least individual and group psychotherapy are necessary. Once group psychotherapy ends, the person should continue with individual therapy complemented by help from a support group. Group psychotherapy and then support groups, do complement individual therapeutic work. Since grief could become so tough, the group component must be present for the person to have a deeper venting-process, more direct support and modelling from people who are in her-his shoes, from empathy to feedback, which are not the same as the one we got from individual counselling / psychotherapy. This is why one complement the other.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Then, while support groups and therapies are key part of the healing process, they are mostly tools empowering the person to know how to take consistent actions to rebuild her mood, expectations and life through concrete work on a daily basis. Is from this work, from concrete experiences the individual creates and promotes day by day, than real healing evolves and new sense of hope, meaning and fulfilment arise. Many times people get very depressed and self-neglect, allowing passivity, sadness, lack of motivation, isolation and helplessness to rule their lives. This is why a healthy "support system" is so important, to help the person to work on this rebuilding and healing processes. If the person does not have a healthy support system, then one main goal of psychotherapy must be to work on developing it, since without such sound help, it would be unrealistic to expect the person to feel hopeful and with the means to cope and work on making gradual changes. We are social beings and need empathy, affection, support from people who care, and from there we learn to be kind with ourselves too. Does it make sense?

JACUSTOMER-25h19aaz- :

Hello Rafael,

JACUSTOMER-25h19aaz- :

Sorry, this is my first time here, so I am quite confused about how this all works.

JACUSTOMER-25h19aaz- :

I have been working on healing this and all my life in general for about 4 months now, but I am working with a volunteer therapist, because I don`t have enough money to pay one. I don`t know what type of theraphy it is, we just keep talking...

JACUSTOMER-25h19aaz- :

I don`t know about group theraphy in my city, I am afraid it doesn`t exist here. Do you know such groups on-line?

JACUSTOMER-25h19aaz- :

Some technical questions also:

JACUSTOMER-25h19aaz- :

how is this conversation public? Is it posted on the site all the time and everyone can read it?

JACUSTOMER-25h19aaz- :

Can I ask further questions to you, not a random expert?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Thank you for replying.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am sorry to know you have not received consistent and specialized grief therapy. Whenever it is about depression , anxiety disorder or other mental health disorders caused by grief, "Grief psychotherapy is necessary, including both, individual and group sessions. The problem and limitations to have a volunteer therapist is that most times they are students, or counselors, people without necessary training nor experience to provide sound psychotherapy support but mostly basic counseling.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

There are many online support groups. Just do a Google search for "grief support groups", and you will find many.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This website is like a public forum, everything you type here as well as my input becomes public data available to anybody browsing this website.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Yes, you can ask more questions about this concern and i will reply as possible. Then if you get more questions, it is expected for you to post them as new ones, and if you want me to reply, just make sure you include my name in it, asking "Rafael" to respond, otherwise any expert could reply.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Any other doubt about it?

JACUSTOMER-25h19aaz- :

Just one more question: is it possible to get your on-line theraphy in private and confidential?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This website is for support through general answers only, but there would be a new option for online counseling, obviously confidential for people who need and want to get this type of support, but I do not know how long would it take for it to be implemented here,meanwhile I can only assist people in this website as customers, and not as clients.

JACUSTOMER-25h19aaz- :

Ok, thank you very much! It is real pleasure to get your answers. I will get back with further questions when I am ready. Good bye! :)

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome.thank you for your trust. I will be here looking forward to supporting you.

JACUSTOMER-25h19aaz- :

Just, please, do not disappear from this site without a trace!

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Be sure that I will not do that. I have been working online for several years and will continue to do so, this is my profession.