Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, That training for something a bit extra and

Dear Dr. Keane, That training for something a bit extra and different in my work actually sounds like it is going to happen. I just hope now that if it really does then I do it well and remember it well. I'm looking forward to it, well at the moment I am anyway. That aside, I've felt a bit at odds today and yesterday. Hopefully, now that I have lots of free time this evening we can catch each other in chat if you are also able to be on-line.
Dr.Keane :

Hi, I think you are on line too, will hang out a bit to see if you connect. That sounds like good news and you'll do well and remember it well too. You sound a bit apprehensive about it and I am not sure why, you need to explain that to me.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

yes I am online too.

Dr.Keane :

It's something positive and validating to look forward to, don't let the "what if's" get in your way

Dr.Keane :

Hi

Dr.Keane :

It showed you standing by, disconnected then back on, figured you were here.

Customer:

I am here

Dr.Keane :

Refresh my mind about this training, what it consists of etc.

Customer:

I think I am apprehensive because that for some reason is how I have been feeling over the weekend, and I only heard today, so that definitely was not about that.

Dr.Keane :

oh, okay, that makes sense. Where you busy this weekend?

Customer:

The training is part to do with the library job, but part of that is now shifting to customer service and taking various council payments as well as library duties.

Customer:

So, it will up my skills and allow me to be used for both.

Customer:

and give me a chance to apply for anything permanent if anything comes up.

Dr.Keane :

sounds like you'll be in a position that interacts with a lot of people, more than you normally do? I like that.

Dr.Keane :

And you never know who you'll meet and may be able to network as well. Nice

Dr.Keane :

Also add to your skills (think CV)

Customer:

I was a bit busy at the weekend. I met some friends on Friday as there is a big festival in Edinburgh and went to see a comedian, then worked the next day. Sunday I didn't do too much.

Dr.Keane :

So can you pinpoint why you felt at odds?

Customer:

Yes I like the sounds of it. When I do library work I interact with people too and make sure that I do. I like to help people and yes, I should be able to add it to my C.V. as well.

Customer:

The only thing I can pinpoint is that it is just about the end of that time of the month. I coped alright with it until yesterday.

Customer:

I hadn't expected to feel a bit off.

Dr.Keane :

That's good if you can identify it, then you know how to handle it or at least know it won't last too long

Customer:

I am hoping that when that's done I'll stop feeling how I am, because there's no real reason for it. At least I don't think so. I had to begin with thought it was a work thing, but I had a good day today.

Customer:

Well I am fairly sure that is what it must be.

Customer:

Did you have a good weekend?

Dr.Keane :

Doesn't need to be a specific reason, it could be hormonal, you get through it and then have a good day! like today!!

Customer:

Oh good you are still here.

Customer:

said you stepped out and entered.

Customer:

I am hoping it is just hormonal.

Dr.Keane :

Yes, great weekend, weather was/is amazing, humidity is low and that makes it great. Had to drive into NYC yesterday afternoon, was dreading the traffic and when there was none or minimal I could actually feel myself relax.

Dr.Keane :

I haven't gone anywhere, technical probably

Dr.Keane :

I do have to get to work soon, but can spend a minute or two here. How was the festival?

Customer:

Sounds a great weekend. Oh I am pleased that it was nice.

Customer:

The festival is really good. It lasts all month. I have another comedian/broadcaster/ author to see on Friday and she is promoting a book.

Customer:

I will tell you more when you have more time.

Customer:

I am looking forward to it.

Dr.Keane :

Sounds like fun, are you still writing at all?

Customer:

just quickly, one question if I may.

Dr.Keane :

I look forward to hearing about it. sure

Customer:

You know how I have been chatting to you for, well quite some time now overall, you still don't mind that do you?

Dr.Keane :

no, I don't mind at all....

Customer:

I just thought, I really ought to be polite and check. I mean, I really like chatting to you and like you.

Customer:

Thanks.

Dr.Keane :

I'm happy to help you out and reinforce what you have learned

Customer:

:)

Dr.Keane :

you are welcome, you know I think a therapist would be a good idea but I'm fine as long as you are aware of it.

Dr.Keane :

Ok, have to jet now.....talk to you soon.

Customer:

ok, enjoy the rest of your day.