Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I am currently getting out of an emotional abusive relationship

I am currently getting out of an emotional abusive relationship . according to the website "Are you dating a loser". He fits almost all the 20 indicater's . The mean and sweet cycle, the quick attachment etc.

Should I feel obligated to inform or at least warn his next victim?

I just recently found out that I was not his first victim and that there are countless victims before me

DoctorZ :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern

DoctorZ :

I am sorry that you were in an emotionally abusive relationship, I can imagine how distressing that was for you

DoctorZ :

As for notifying future victims, are these future victims people that you know or not?

Customer:

I do not know them personally but know who they are

DoctorZ :

Well then I think you can talk to them if they are willing to listen, but do not push them to listen that this man is an emotional abuser because that may backfire and can cause them to further their attachment with this man

DoctorZ :

But I do not see a reason why you cannot tell future victims of his behavior and level of his abuse

Customer:

If he has done this before what are the chances of him repeating this type of behavior

DoctorZ :

Unless he seeks psychological treatment, I would say his chances are very high that he would repeat this behavior, especially if he shows no remorse for his behavior

Customer:

no remorse what so ever, and right now I am having to hear the lies he is telling everyone....that he is the victim. there is no accountability.

DoctorZ :

It sounds like he has traits related to Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Antisocial Personality Disorder, so most likely he will repeat this behavior in the future

Customer:

Thank you.. I did look up Narcissistic Behavior and he fits every sign... So I am not sure if this is something he can hide for very long with out help

DoctorZ :

No he cannot conceal this personality disorder without intense psychological treatment, but even with the treatment success rates for managing the symptoms of the behavior are not always successful

Customer:

Thank you for your help... I appreciate it

DoctorZ :

Anytime, i am always happy to help

DoctorZ :

Is there anything else I can do to assist you today?

Customer:

no thank you

DoctorZ :

Okay, well if you have any future questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at anytime

DoctorZ :

I hope I provided you with excellent service today