Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, I dont know why I keep thinking about the

Dear Dr. Keane, I don't know why I keep thinking about the fact I made a mistake at work, well, not constantly, just when I'm trying to relax myself or when I want to make a phone call or answer it. It was a silly one really. I forgot which library I was working in and said the wrong name. I've been in so many recently I don't know why I am beating myself up about it though, as I didn't get, into trouble, but it wasn't the impression I was trying to give, especially since I was working with people I haven't done before, plus it was to a person in-charge of me. I know when I made the mistake I was a bit tired and felt a little anxious anyway, but still....I'm fairly sure I should just move on right? It's not like that happens everyday. I don't know, perhaps it's because I'm not always good at reassuring myself.....The craft fair was cancelled, but I am staying a bit positive and hopeful that there will be others later in the year, when I can try again. Hope to be able to chat to you. It’s a busy week for me though as my work patterns are all sorts of times and I've been invited out with friends at the end of the week and I'm helping my parents celebrate their anniversary, so my computer time is so limited this week as you can imagine, I still wanted to post to you though and look forward to your response and hope to catch up with you for a proper chat another week, especially if we don't manage it this week. I hope that you are having a good week and that it isn't as hot as it was the last time we spoke. It's been cooling down a bit here now after some thunder and lightening and rain throughout the sunnier spells. I had some nice days off work. I look forward to your response. Wish I could be here this week to chat, but without a smartphone and being away from my computer so much this week it's not looking too promising. I hope that your schedule allows time for you to respond to my post. Hopefully when things get a bit quieter I can be online to actually chat again.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, sorry I missed you, I think there was another question but it was cancelled? not sure but as far as your situation the key word is "working with new people" so of course there would be the element of not being 100% comfortable at first and most people have a bit of anxiety in these situations so, yes, just move on, and you do know how to reassure yourself by using self talk.

Dr.Keane :

Sorry the fair was cancelled, but there will be more so look around for one, it would be nice to try one out and see if you like it (betting your would). Glad you are able to enjoy some time with friends this week. Cooler here as well and busy too. I hope we catch up in chat next week. Enjoy your weekend!