TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Does a psychopath ever commit suicide?

does a psychopath ever commit suicide?
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.
Yes, a psychopath can commit suicide. It is not as common as it is in the normal population because psychopaths (or sociopaths) often lack the same emotional range that a person who is not psychopathic does. They also tend to see themselves as better than others. Much of the emotional pain they inflict is on others instead of themselves as well. But for the same reasons they lack a normal emotional range, they can hurt themselves for those same reasons. They may threaten suicide to try to hurt someone else then follow through, lacking the emotional ability to see exactly what they are doing as more harmful to themselves than others. They may also use rage as the reason to hurt themselves rather than feeling so despondent that they see no other options as someone who is not a psychopath would.
I hope this has helped you,
Kate
May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!
Thank you so much for the positive rating and very generous bonus. I appreciate it!
My best to you,
Kate