Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

my son is back with is ex and I cannot stand her,she is a fake

my son is back with is ex and I cannot stand her,she is a fake and dosent care what anyone says.since he is back with her he is nasty

DoctorZ :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern regarding your son

DoctorZ :

Why does your son want to be with this woman?

DoctorZ :

Also why did they break up the last time?

Customer:

he is 37 and she is 24 and likes to party

DoctorZ :

So does he like her because she likes to party?

Customer:

he says she is always there for him.he has a daughter and we tried to tell him how she was not nice to his daughter but dosent believe it.he told me he dosent give a f**k what I think he will be with her

DoctorZ :

I am sorry he treats you like that. Now you mentioned that since being with her he has been nasty. Was he nasty to you or anyone else when he was not with her?

Customer:

no

DoctorZ :

So she obviously impacts his behavior in a negative way and is negative towards your granddaughter

Customer:

yes.everytime he is invited to be with the family he goes with her.i don't even talk to him.i am done with him cant stand bein around him;he will give up the family for her

DoctorZ :

I am sorry that he has done this to you and your family.

DoctorZ :

How would you like me to help you tonight?

Customer:

I don't know what to do

Customer:

I cant talk to him because he screams at me

DoctorZ :

He has to learn from his mistakes and come to you to reconcile. You have done everything you could to warn and support him, but now it is up to him

DoctorZ :

Hopefully he will see the light and make the right choice to end the relationship with her because it is a toxic relationship that is hurting him and his family

Customer:

he dosent care it dosent even bother him that I don t talk to hom

DoctorZ :

What made them break up previously if you know?

Customer:

she did him wrong was with another guy

DoctorZ :

Oh okay, then she might do it again. Behavior has a way of repeating itself

Customer:

how do I handle this

DoctorZ :

Right now I would give him space because he it seems like he only lashes out at you when you get involved. He will have to grow up and learn that he made a mistake by himself, no one can tell him because that will just push him away farther.

DoctorZ :

I know it is tough for you, but I think ignoring him will protect you the most from any verbal or emotional abuse. And it will give it time to reflect about you more and if not having you in his life is what he really wants, which I think it is not.

DoctorZ :

You cannot control him. He is acting rather immature, but he will eventually come to his senses I assumer

DoctorZ :

*assume

Customer:

he would rather lose me then her

DoctorZ :

How long have they been back together?

Customer:

since june

DoctorZ :

So it has been for longer than a month. In relationships this is what we call the honeymoon phase, after that wears off he will see her for what she really is and will most likely realize the mistake he made

Customer:

she is so imature

DoctorZ :

Exactly, he will see that more after the honeymoon phase ended

Customer:

so I will ignore him and show him I don't care

DoctorZ :

Well still be supportive if he initiates a conversation with you, but yeah ignore him until he comes to you and when he is ready to talk to you respectfully XXXXX XXXXX to your concerns about her

DoctorZ :

This will the greatest chance you have of getting through to him and letting him realize his own mistakes which will make him more open to talking with you about it

Customer:

oky ty have a good night

DoctorZ :

Anytime, i am always happy to help. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to ask anytime

DoctorZ :

I hope I provided you with excellent service tonight.

Customer:

ty