Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

This is for a psychiatrist, i am here to ask you something

Customer Question
Hi this is for a...

Hi this is for a psychiatrist, i am here to ask you something very important to me about mental health. I am gonna keep it as short and sweet as possible, i dont understand evrything completely yet but ill explain to you my understanding of whats going on with me. I am stuck in a "state" in between how i was before my psychosis 5 years ago and how i am today with my medications and having done some therapy. Its basicly this: i was bullied and put down every single day in school for about 6 years, wich made my negative part of my mind very strong. So, to get back to what i was saying, this "state" i'm in is causing massive anxiety(this anxiety is always present 24/7), also a spiral of negative thoughts (not obssessive thinking but my thoughts are basicly in chaos and my paxil is the thing thats controlling it), and the anxiety is so bad that im depersonalised and was derealized at some point a while back. Another thing that i have in between these two states is my body is crushed by the anxiety(my whole body is super tense and crushed meaning muc smaller). Now to be clear, My state before my psychosis was: Extremely negative towards myself, self conscious about my appearence to an extreme, low confidence, physically i looked a bit different (especially my eyes, i looked less good/healthy. My state today is Happy, positive, very outgoing,not self concious in any way, high self confidence, physically very good looking(it shows especially in my eyes) and no anxiety at all. Also i think slightly differently depending on how i feel, depending how close i am to postive/negative state (negative being before psychosis, and positive being today). So, i am basicly stuck in limbo right now as in between the two states. By the way the medications i am on at the moment are: seroquel, abilify, epival, paxil, synthroid, vitamine b12, 4 capsules of omega 3 a day. Now my question is, can you think of any medication/therapys i can do to move towards the positive state(wich i call feeling like myself because when im closer to it i can concentrate and think more clearly along with the other things i said) that would work or replace one or more of my meds? The last thing you should know is it seems like my mind is subconsciously, psychoticly putting me down, just like the countless times ive been put down in school, however i am feeling better today with meds and the therapy i did with a psychologist a few years ago. It seems like if i do nothing and have nobody around me my "state" stays around the same place, however when i go out of the house and go talk and meet people and also do something that reminds my mind of before my psychosis/takin meds it seems to put me down as almost a reflex. Finally i think its important to make it clear that i am in constant anxiety, its there and it never goes away, its simply the medication that makes it tolerable. Its so strong my five senses are way less acute than before(for example i dont feel as much, smell as well, see as well etc.) and im also not feeling my own body as much. My anxiety in this state im in is so high that i dont even for example feel my nose on my face. So, would taking another antipsychotic fix all of this? I think it might but i want the opinion of a psychiatrist here before i see my psych again, as im doing evryting within my power to speed up my recovery. Thank you very much for your help and feel free to ask me any questions, i apreciate it!

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mental Health
7/6/2013
Mental Health Professional: Camille-Mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Camille-Mod

I'm Camille and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that we have a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Camille~Moderator

Hi, i havent received an answer yet for this question. I dont mind waiting longer i know my situation is very complex. Thanks again.

replied 4 years ago

Thank you, ***** ***** continue to look for a professional to assist you. Since the professionals log in at different times, it is very difficult to predict when one will come on with your particular area of expertise. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Camille

Its good, i'm willing to wait until a psychiatrist logs on and reads my question. I apreciate you responding but ill wait until i get an answer. I dont mind waiting a while really, im sure it'll take a while for a psychiatrist to think about the right response.

replied 4 years ago
I am very sorry for the long wait, Do you want to continue to wait? Or would you prefer to post your question at a later date?
 replied 4 years ago

I'm sorry to say we have exhausted all our efforts at this time to find the right professional to assist you with your question.

While we were not able to assist you with this question, please keep in mind that JustAnswer has multiple categories, from Cars, Medical, Law, and Computer to Home Improvement, to assist you with any question you may need answered.

Best,

Camille

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist